Morfa is the latest incarnation of my lifelong interest in trains. It's based on the real life location of Morfa Mawddach, but includes numerous deviations that I thought would be an improvement on real life. Hopefully the character and atmosphere remain. These days I'm less interested in reading accounts of how individuals build their models than I am about why they do. Though I'm always up for pertinent questions, I'd like to step away from the norm and concentrate on the reasons behind the choices and the motivation to model. I'll try my hardest to avoid sounding like a pretentious twerp but there's a risk I may not succeed.

Sunday 24 April 2011

Playing trains

Morfa is intended to be a long term project. I've always estimated that it will keep me amused and busy building for about twenty years. I suppose that as I started construction three and bit years ago that leaves another seventeen to go. I had thought that the main circuit would take another year or more to finish; hand building track with individual sleepers results in slow progress. However thanks to the efforts of friends who pitched in with staple gun and a box of flexitrack off-cuts and misshapes the circuit was completed two weekends ago. It is of course a temporary fix, and proper track will replace the ugly bodge we created but for now it's huge fun to see trains circling round.

No comments:

Post a Comment