Morfa is the latest incarnation of my lifelong interest in trains. It's based on the real life location of Morfa Mawddach, but includes numerous deviations that I thought would be an improvement on real life. Hopefully the character and atmosphere remain. These days I'm less interested in reading accounts of how individuals build their models than I am about why they do. Though I'm always up for pertinent questions, I'd like to step away from the norm and concentrate on the reasons behind the choices and the motivation to model. I'll try my hardest to avoid sounding like a pretentious twerp but there's a risk I may not succeed.

Sunday 24 April 2011

Inspiration, here and now.

Though it's always interesting to work out how one got where one is, it's also good to take a look at the current influences. One thing that I keep going back to watch is this you tube clip of loco hauled summer Saturday trains on the Cambrian main line between Machynlleth and Welshpool.

It's not just the internet that inspires, I'm fortunate to live twenty miles or forty minutes away from Morfa Mawddach so trips to the area are frequently possible. One of my current favourite views of Morfa is from the terminus of the Fairbourne Railway on the sand spit sticking out into the Mawddach estuary.

No comments:

Post a Comment