Morfa is the latest incarnation of my lifelong interest in trains. It's based on the real life location of Morfa Mawddach, but includes numerous deviations that I thought would be an improvement on real life. Hopefully the character and atmosphere remain. These days I'm less interested in reading accounts of how individuals build their models than I am about why they do. Though I'm always up for pertinent questions, I'd like to step away from the norm and concentrate on the reasons behind the choices and the motivation to model. I'll try my hardest to avoid sounding like a pretentious twerp but there's a risk I may not succeed.

Sunday 21 April 2013

Friendship 2

Though they may not know it there's much of my friends in Morfa. Earlier I've credited them as a motivating force, but they have an influence that goes far beyond this. Good company and conversation set off so many ideas, many of which have made it into the model or will at a later date. Friends also populate the altered reality that is Morfa. Many of the manifestations exist only in my mind, as things to do once the layouts scenery develops, some are works in progress, just one nears completion. 


You may remember Jones Motors of Arthog pictured some time ago. As the layout is close to the stage where I can get on with the scenery proper, I thought it would be fun to build the garage scene as a module which would be set in scene when the landforms go down. Jones Motors (in my mind) is run by a friend of the same name who works in the trade and has the cross of  Imp enthusiasm to bear. He's a natural salesman, I can imagine the world being his lobster, his word being his euro-bond.


1 comment:

  1. This looks really good. I think modules are a great idea, but I have reservations about bedding them into the landscape. I might give it a go with my next project (mind you, putting some actual scenery down in the first place would be a starting point;) ...)

    ReplyDelete